Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in the DC Metro Area
Annandale, VA CFO
38 Years of Experience
Harvard Business School, MBA
Princeton University, BS, Engineering
Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Business Transition ExpertTM
Project Management Professional
Exit Planning Exchange (XPX), DC Metro Chapter (President)
HBS Club of Washington DC
Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
Contact Doug Smith and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Are you a company owner or CEO? Doug Smith can help you improve your organization’s profitability, and strengthen your operational and financial performance. You'll be able to focus your attention on customers and growth. Doug can also help you begin thinking about options for exiting your business, and can work with you to maximize the value of your company when it's time for that exit.
Doug’s B2B CFO® engagements tap over 30 years of hands-on business experience, including:
- P&L responsibility in a variety of industries, including information technology, healthcare, and Federal contracting 18 years’ experience as a Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Administrative Officer Merger & Acquisition experience, both as seller and buyer Qualified as a Certified Business Exit ConsultantTM
- Work in both commercial companies and non-profit organizations
- Expertise in all the functions that make an organization successful: business operations, finance, human resources, information technology, marketing, contracts, and facilities and security
- Strong project management skills, including
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Managing groups ranging from 20 to 1,000+ employees
Doug’s B2B CFO® clients include government contractors, health care organizations, engineering firms, private equity groups, software developers, video streaming providers, wealth managers, and telemarketing companies. Prior to joining B2B CFO®, Doug was COO at Professional Healthcare Resources, the largest independent home healthcare and hospice firm in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Doug doubled revenues in less than 5 years, and improved the profit margin by over 50%. As CFO of AlphaInsight Corporation, he helped sell the company to CACI International.
At the MITRE Corporation, Doug led a group managing system engineering and IT projects for six large Federal agencies, growing revenues at 50% annually. Doug began his career at American Management Systems, growing over a 20+ year career from business and technology consultant to project manager, to practice area manager, to business area CFO, to head of all AMS’ internal IT, HR, facilities, and marketing functions.
Doug has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BS in Engineering from Princeton University. Doug and his wife Jeannette have been married for 29 years, and have three sons.