Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Fairfax Station, VA and surrounding areas
Fairfax Station, VA CFO
30 Years of Experience
Bachelors of Science in Accounting from Salisbury University and a Masters in Business Administration from Wilmington University
Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant in the Commonwealth of Virginia
He is an active member of the Lido Civic Club of Washington DC and a member of the Northern Virginia Technology Council
Contact John and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
John is a results-oriented senior-level business professional with 30+ years of financial and operations experience with private equity portfolio, publicly held and privately held companies. He has held positions of Controller, VP of Finance, CAO, COO and CFO for companies that experienced aggressive revenue growth both organically and through acquisitions. He has a strong track record of evaluating and interpreting financial results, communicating effectively and collaboratively with operations and other key stakeholders to develop actionable strategies that produce material improvement to bottom-line performance through revenue generation initiatives, effective cost reduction and performance measurement and analysis.
John has diverse industry experience covering the transportation, distribution, manufacturing, education, media, retail and service industries. He has extensive experience working for multi-site/multi-state operations that operate decentralized geographically disbursed business units. He has taken several acquisition targets from letter of intent (LOI) to due diligence to contract stages and then managed the integration of the acquisitions through a 90 day post acquisition integration plan. He has produced Offering Memorandums (OM's) for companies who experienced successful exits.
John's areas of strength and experience include:
- Raising capital and building banking relationships
- Exit strategy management
- Merger and acquisition, due diligence and integration
- Revenue growth and yield management pricing
- Cash and working capital management
- Identify KPI's and OKR's to track key business metrics
- Manage financially leveraged operations
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Employee benefit self-insurance
- Real estate and lease management
- Risk management and cost control programs
- Reorganization for business rightsizing
- Budgets, forecasts, and projections
- Management reporting systems
John has worked for entrepreneurial family owned companies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies. He has a great respect for the job and business creation that these entrepreneurs provide. He also has a great appreciation for the challenges to the entrepreneur from larger and better financed competitors. He takes the responsibility of providing business services seriously to ensure the success and legacy of the entrepreneurs business. His goal in managing operations has always been to minimize the transfer loss between the entrepreneur's vision and the actual outcomes of the business.
John holds a Bachelors of Science in Accounting from Salisbury University and a Masters in Business Administration from Wilmington University. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the Commonwealth of Virginia. He is an active member of the Lido Civic Club of Washington DC and a member of the Northern Virginia Technology Council. John and his wife of 28 years, Karen, have two grown children, Allison and Matthew.