Ellen A McIlhenny
About Ellen A McIlhenny
Ellen has twenty years of experience as a chief financial officer and controller with mid-sized and large privately held companies. Prior to that she held financial management positions for eight years at a large publicly held company.
She has worked in several different industries such as chemicals, plastics, newspaper, broadcast, wholesale distribution, technology and IT services.
Ellen has had a wide range of responsibilities including accounting, finance, human resources, treasury management, strategic planning, reporting and budgeting, capital planning, ERP management, process management, accounts payable, payroll and corporate insurance. She also has extensive experience in small business acquisitions.
Ellen has served on several non-profit boards of directors, where she has held both chairman and treasurer leadership positions. She was nominated for Virginia Business Magazine’s CFO of the Year Award in both 2010 and 2016.
She lives in Montpelier, Virginia with her husband and three sons.
- Virginia Tech; Bachelor of Science – Accounting
- Virginia Commonwealth University; Graduate Certificate – Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Institute of Management Accountants
Articles by Ellen A McIlhenny
- Treat Everyone Like a Customer….
- How Belonging to a Trade Organization Adds Value with Benchmarks
- Are You Always There For Your Customers?
- Find a Mentor; Become a Mentor
- Financial Planning – Are you looking at all options?
- A.B.R…….Always Be Recruiting
- Do You Rely Too Heavily on a Few Customers?
- Sick Business? The Prescription May Be With Subscriptions
- Do You Still Have Passion For Your Business?
- Disaster Recovery Plans. Worth the Time and Money? Yes!
- “Begin With The End In Mind”………Stephen Covey
- Is It Time To Expand? Questions To First Ask Yourself And Your Team.
- Are You Promoting Your Customers??
- Who Are Your Board of Directors?
- Cultivate Creativity!
- A Message To Truly Bad Customers – “You’re Fired”
- “Waste Not Want Not” (aka Be Frugal)
- Cash is King
- Award Winning Author and Inc. Magazine’s Editor-at-Large Bo Burlingham to Keynote B2B CFO’s Annual Meeting